Background

Saturday, January 2, 2010

December 23, 2009


Wow. Elder Um is awesome. I was really nervous about getting a Khmae companion. They are very hit and miss on whether they work hard or not. But he is great. I have a hard time keeping up with him. He doesn't ever speak English so I get to speak Khmae 24/7 with him. He's teaching me a ton of Khmae and I've been teaching him a ton of English in return.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I’m super excited. It’s still really hot out though. It doesn’t feel like Christmas at all.

Branch 12 is awesome. We have a ton of investigators. It’s crazy. So many!! And we keep finding them left and right too. So we keep on having a ton of people to teach. The area is a massive bike ride though. It’s WAYYYYYY bigger than branch 1. We get over 100 people to church. Our branch is so big and is having so much growth that we actually have 2 sets of Elders in this branch. Elder Thompson is here too. He was in my group in the MTC. He is really awesome. So it’s pretty sweet getting to see him a lot now.

I'm working on memorizing the Khmae dictionary. Today I learned a word that means to show off by eating a lot of food. I don't know when I'll use it. But if its Khmae, then I'm going to learn it.

All of our investigators are awesome. And we have about 10 recent converts that we have to teach too. So we have the recent converts help teach. And the recent converts all give out a ton of referrals so we're just racking it in right now. I've been praying so hard for all of them to keep progressing like they do. Elder Um is super legit. I absolutely love him to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment