Background

Saturday, January 2, 2010

September 22, 2009


Things are starting to pick up again now that the holidays are over. I had this super weird thing happen to me this week. We were asking for directions and a 20 year old kid walked up to us speaking English because he figured we didn't speak Khmae. His English was really good. So we started talking to him in English and in Khmae. And we kept switching back and forth and then I realized that I was understanding his Khmae like I was understanding English. It was really weird that they both were just normal to me. I'm in no wise fluent by any means yet and I still have more to learn that I would like and I still don't know as much as I want to know, BUT man! It was so cool to be able to listen to both like they were my native tongue. Really cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment