Background

Saturday, January 2, 2010

June 23, 2009

It’s almost been a month since I've been here. I'm so tired of being here already. It’s so hard doing the same thing everyday for 12 weeks, same schedule, same everything. This week should be pretty exciting though considering the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve will be here teaching the mission presidents how to do their job. Hopefully we will get to meet him. Our teacher says he is really cool. He has met them and has been working with them on speaking the language. He says that they are the greatest. So I'm really excited for that.

The language is good. We finally got our TALL books yesterday. Those have about every phrase or word we will ever use in them. So it'll make it a lot easier to learn things now. We also finally learned how to use a Khmae dictionary yesterday too. It is really hard because the cursive letters don't look anything like the print letters. We're just going to have to get used to it I guess. Reading has gotten a lot better. I bought one of those Stories from the Book of Mormon books (like the one's we would always read) in Khmae and I read that everyday. I'm getting a lot better. But the scriptures are still really hard to read because they use scripture lingo and because the words are a lot harder.

Our roommates leave for Canada tomorrow morning. That's sad because they're really cool and it’s nice having them around. Elder Hurwitz is back out of quarantine, and because he got swine flu we all have to take Tamiflu for the next 10 days. But we only have like 4 days left. So it’s all good.

Thearl Bailey of the Utah Jazz was at the MTC yesterday. That was pretty cool.

I got my first investigator on the phone at the RC. I taught her the first lesson. But I don't think she's very interested. She's met with the missionaries before. She doesn't really understand the concept of there is only one true church. So it was really hard explaining that to her. Next week we teach the first lesson strictly in Khmae. That should be interesting. It'll be really hard. But it'll also be really good for us too.

I started reading Jesus the Christ. It’s a better book than I thought it would be. Other than that there is nothing really interesting going on around here. It’s just the same old everyday thing of studying for 15 hours a day. It’s still way better the school though, and a little more important too.

No comments:

Post a Comment