Background

Saturday, January 2, 2010

December 15, 2009

Wow this last transfer has gone by so fast. And I'm getting transferred this week. I’m headed up to Branch 12 to serve with Elder Um, my first Khmae companion. From what I've heard he's a really good Elder and he's one of the nicest people you will ever meet. So I'm excited. But he doesn't speak any English so it’s going to be fun speaking Khmae 24/7. I'm actually really nervous because the cultures are different and I don't know what it’s going be like living with a Khmae companion. But I'm really looking forward to it and I hope that I learn a lot of grammar and learn how to understand Khmae speakers a lot better. American Elders just don't speak like Khmaes, no matter how good they are at the language. Branch 12 is in the North part of the city. I'm sad to leave because our branch president is kicking butt right now. But I think it'll be a blast going to a new branch too.

I’ve gained probably about 10 pounds I’m guessing. I’m so fat right now it’s ridiculous. I can eat more rice that anyone in this country.

I'm working like crazy right now. And last week we went to the killing fields. It’s really creepy what went on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment